How to Set Up Budgets
Budgets allow you to mitigate underspend. To set up a new budget, navigate to the Targeting tab of Demand Tags, Demand Partners, and Campaigns and select the Budgeting dropdown. Click the "+New Budget" button and a Budget container will appear where you can set your budget, pacing, and type. Additional budgets for different periods can be set by clicking the "+New Budget" button. Flight Dates can also be set in the Budgeting section. If your flight dates have already passed, a warning will populate below the text box in red.
Available Budget Options
You can create multiple budgets with below combinations.
Budget Types: Impressions, requests, and revenue.
Budget Periods: Hour, Day, Week, Month Lifetime
Pacing: Asap, Even, Front-Loaded
Restrictions: *Note that you cannot create multiple budgets with the same time periods on the same object ie two monthly budgets on a demand tag. Also note that if you select a lifetime budget, you must also specify the flight dates.
How often are budgeting checks done?
We do a budget lookup every two minutes in the system.
How does Pacing Work?
In ASAP pacing, we aim to complete the budget immediately for the allotted time frame. For example, if you set ASAP pacing on 10 requests per day and you receive 10 requests during our first budget check, then during our next budget check, we will block your requests.
Front Loaded Pacing:
In front-loaded pacing, we pace the first 35% of the selected budgeting period with the goal of completing the budget at 35% into the period. For example, if you set front loaded budgeting on impressions with a time period of 1 hour, then during the first 21 minutes, we would see the budget cap climb to 100% at a generally even pace.
With evenly paced budgeting, we aim to serve 100% of traffic allotment (budget) within 80% of the budget period's available time. This ensures that the budget has a chance to be completed, and if traffic was inconsistent, 20% of the remaining time to finish it off. For a normal 24 hour day, this would cause the budget to be open by hour 20 of the day.
How does day-parting impact budgets?
Day parting allows you to select which days of the week/ and on what time slots you want your requests to come through. The time is calculated in EST time. When pacing is enabled on top of day parting, we look at how many hours are in the selected time period for that day and pace based on that time frame, not a 24 hour time frame.