User segments enable first party user targeting for your supply and demand. There are three types of user segment options available in SpringServe. By default your account will have the options to create Cookie or Device ID list type segments. Cookie based pixel lists are also available but need to be activated in your account by your account manager.
Generating a User Segment List
- To Generate a Segment click on the button to add a name and optional description to your segment in the basic settings.
- Select your List Type; Cookie or Device.
- Cookies generally used for desktop and mobile web based environments
- Device ID's identify specific mobile or connected TV devices generally used for In-app or CTV based environments
- Search for your file by clicking
, or cut and paste a subset of ID's into the text box.
- File must be in CSV format
- Under 500 MB in size
- Cookie and Device ID matching is exact meaning that alpha/numeric and CASE is not normalized
- No commas allowed in the file
- ID's must be at least 16 characters in length
- Click Apply to upload your list for targeting.
- Large Files over 250mb or containing over 50,000 records could take up to an hour to process. Keep this in mind before setting up tags targeting this segment as it will take time for all of your users to appear.
- While your list uploads you will see the status in the items count of the segment settings page along with the master list of segments, found in the segments tab.
- Refresh the page or go to the main segments tab to see the status of your file. The count will be available when the file has finished loading.
Generating a User Segment Pixel
Note: This feature is not available on all accounts. Please contact your account manager for access.
- To Generate a Segment Pixel click on the button to add a name and optional description to your segment in the basic settings.
- Select the Segment Type - Pixel.
- Set the optional User Expiration in days.
- A user expiration of 14, for example, will expire a users cookie from that list 14 days after the last time they visited your website.
- The Maximum days we hold onto a user for pixel based segments is 28 days.
- Click Apply to generate an export pixel.
- Sample pixel: https://pixel-staging.springserve.com/segments?segment_id=10021&hc=92434d32
- This pixel should be placed on your website to track the users who visit and add them to the targeting list.
- Pixel based segments will not display a list count.
Applying a User Segment
User Segments could be applied to Partners, Supply Tags, Demand tags, and campaigns via the Targeting Tab. The User Segment Targeting section is collapsed by default. Open it and select custom to create a single list to target or add logic around the segments by grouping them. Single Groups will follow the AND logic where you could choose lists to be true for all selections. Adding more groups applies the OR logic where the users could be in one group or in the other.